How to Optimize Content for Bing Chat
Bing chat is a new feature that allows users to interact with an AI-powered chatbot that can answer questions, generate content, and provide suggestions based on their queries. Bing chat uses ChatGPT, a natural language generation model that can produce coherent and engaging texts in different styles and tones.
If you want to optimize your content for chat, you need to follow some best practices that can help you get into the answers of this new feature within Bing and attract more users to your content or potential customers to your product or service.
As you can see from the featured image, I didn’t use Bing’s generic response to make this content. Only partially though, for overall guidence. So here you safely go.
Here are some tips that you can use to optimize for Bing Chat
- Use conversational language. The chat in Bing is designed to mimic human conversations, so it prefers content that is written in a natural and friendly way. Avoid using jargon, technical terms, or complex sentences that might confuse the chatbot or the users. Instead, use simple words, short sentences, and active voice to make your content easy to understand and appealing.
- Provide relevant information. Bing chat tries to answer the user’s query as accurately as possible, so it looks for content that matches the user’s intent and provides useful information. Ensure that your content answers the user’s question or solves their problem clearly and concisely. Use headings, bullet points, lists, tables, charts, images, videos, or other multimedia elements to organize your content and make it more attractive. Just like I’m doing it with this post
- Include keywords and phrases. Like most other search engines, Bing uses keywords and phrases to find relevant content for the user’s query. You need to do keyword research and identify the most popular and relevant terms that users might use when searching for your topic. Then, include those keywords and phrases in your title, headings, subheadings, body text, meta tags, URL structure, image alt text etc. In other words, use metadata to make your content processable and understandable to machines.
- Optimize for different tones. Bing chat allows users to choose between three different tones: creative (more imaginative), balanced (more neutral), or precise (more factual) when generates content for them. You might want to optimize your content for each tone by adjusting your style accordingly if you want Bing to use it.
- For creative tone:
- Use more metaphors, smiles, anecdotes, humor, stories, quotes etc.
- For balanced tone:
- Use more facts, statistics, examples, opinions, pros and cons etc.
- For precise tone:
- Use more data, evidence, citations, references, definitions etc.
- Test your content with Bing chat. The best way to optimize your content is to test it with the actual tool and see how it performs. You can use Edge Copilot, a new feature that integrates Bing chat into Microsoft Edge browser, to check how your content looks like on Bing chat and how it responds to different queries and tones. You can also use feedback from real users to improve your content further.
How to Measure Traffic from Bing Chat
There is a certain problem with that. Moreover, the chat doesn’t want to give you the clickable links. It is implied that you copy the links and paste them into browser. Thus, the traffic that the website analytic is seeing in GA or elsewhere will be direct. Sometimes the sources are supplied. And there is a workaround to make Bing Chat make the link clickable. I’ve tested it, but it is shown as Organic, Bing. The chat doesn’t have any referer of its own, as you can see from the image below.
I’ve double checked in logs. And it seems that at this point, it’s hard to track this traffic. Unless, it’s from Copilot widget. For Copilot, there is a separate referer.
By following these tips, you can optimize your content for Bing chat and increase your chances of ranking higher on Bing’s search engine and attracting more users to your content and customers to your products or services.
Bing chat is also a powerful tool that can help you create engaging and informative content for your audience.